I got to make another intertitle for the 2013 CCA Animation grad show. The punchline’s an inside joke from the department but hopefully it still stands on its own.
Thanks to James Trujillo, Pam Hampton and Kevin Kuo for lending their voices.
Additional rough drawings by Celestino Marina and additional colouring by Adam Wachtel.
Best friends Ryu the goldfish and Kyu the Kappa share a piece of cucumber, their second-favourite food.
Pencil sketch with digital colours.
1) Herd – student short film. Character design, modelling, storyboards, animation and background painting.
2) Adrift – student short film. Character design, storyboards, animation, background painting and compositing.
3) Ball Interaction – class exersize. Animation and compositing. Lt. Dan rig by Matt Ornstein.
4) Fish – work-in-progress student short film. Storyboards, animation and compositing
5) Dialogue – class exersize. Animation. Malcom rig by Dave Gallagher.
6) Seniors Intertitle – personal project. Character design, storyboards, After Effects puppet, animation, backgrounds and compositing.
7) Hopscotch – class exersize. Animation. Lt. Dan rig by Matt Ornstein.
A sleepy self portrait. 1 hour 20 minutes, conté on toned paper.
Hunter sillhouettes, digital
Another character I’m developing.
Grace Choi: Industrial Design Major
A Drawing for Animation assignment, inspired by observations from life.
I couldn’t go my whole career without ever having done a picture of a dragon.
(It’s something of an inside joke.)
Real men don’t need hospitals, real men have hair. New Mangrove with special guest artist Simon Thelning!
I did a guest comic for Into the Mangrove this week!
30 Day Monster Girl Challenge, part 3
Hunter, from a little white ago.
Coloured pencil, pen, brush pen, marker and white gel pen on paper.
30 Day Monster Girl Challenge, part 2