Got my big, fat stack of business cards for CTN! Hopefully I’ll see some of you guys down there.
A delayed concept drawing of Percival, Gregor and Keiser.
Pencil, pen and ink with digital colours.
On Thursday I got to visit the Walt Disney Animation Studios in Burbank for the 2013 Inspire Day. I’d try to describe what an awesome experience it was but wouldn’t be able to do it justice. All I want to do right now is draw. Thanks so much to Disney for giving me the opportunity!
I drew this a few weeks ago but forgot to put it up. It’s a sketch I did for my friend Bryn imagining what her senior film character might look like.
Pencil, from my sketch book.
I was playing New Super Mario Bros. on the plane back from Portland when I realised how much I love Bowser Jr.’s design. Thought it’d be fun to pose him around.
Coloured pencil and white gel pen, from my sketchbook.
Quick concept sketch for a short film idea.
I borrowed some design elements from the Ryu and Kyu kappa drawing I did a few months ago, since I really wanted to try animating a character like that.
Ballpoint pen and marker on paper
I got to make another intertitle for the 2013 CCA Animation grad show. The punchline’s an inside joke from the department but hopefully it still stands on its own.
Thanks to James Trujillo, Pam Hampton and Kevin Kuo for lending their voices.
Additional rough drawings by Celestino Marina and additional colouring by Adam Wachtel.
Best friends Ryu the goldfish and Kyu the Kappa share a piece of cucumber, their second-favourite food.
Pencil sketch with digital colours.
1) Herd – student short film. Character design, modelling, storyboards, animation and background painting.
2) Adrift – student short film. Character design, storyboards, animation, background painting and compositing.
3) Ball Interaction – class exersize. Animation and compositing. Lt. Dan rig by Matt Ornstein.
4) Fish – work-in-progress student short film. Storyboards, animation and compositing
5) Dialogue – class exersize. Animation. Malcom rig by Dave Gallagher.
6) Seniors Intertitle – personal project. Character design, storyboards, After Effects puppet, animation, backgrounds and compositing.
7) Hopscotch – class exersize. Animation. Lt. Dan rig by Matt Ornstein.